It’s more than just good business sense, though. Our environmental management policies enable us to:
- meet our own statutory obligations, as well as our clients’ expectations
- share our expertise with our suppliers – to help them do better
- manage environmental risk
- maintain our reputation.
What else do we do?
- we minimise resource use at all our sites – especially energy
- we manage waste and we recycle as much as we can
- we work collaboratively with other tenants in multi-occupancy buildings
- we’re reducing our carbon footprint as much as we can, by cutting business travel and energy consumption (we hold one of the government approved Carbon Saver Gold Awards)
- we’re installing conference call facilities wherever we can to drive down travel even further
- we use technology – such as smart meters – where we can, to drive down consumption even further
- we run a rolling programme of server consolidation – data centres are very power hungry
- we encourage our people to use public transport where it’s possible and we run a cycle to work scheme
- our annual awareness campaign week ‘Going Green’ encourages employees to consider their environmental impact at home too, with promotional activities, information and energy-saving ideas.